Our off-the-grid facilities offer all of the services you need to enjoy the Maine backcountry with minimal packing. Here’s what to expect during your stay:
During Full-Service & Self-Service Seasons
- Access to toilet facilities
- Potable water
- Access to the reading area and great room.
- Lunch from 12:00 – 2:00 Saturdays and Sundays.
- Wine and beer is available for purchase at the huts.
During Full-Service & Self-Service stays
- Bunk with a soft foam mattress.
- Pillow (please supply your own pillowcase – hint: can double as a stuff sack)
- Heat – the main hut and bunkhouses have radiant floor heating and are heated up to 55°F
- Potable water
- Showers with biodegradable soap
- Composting toilets
- Access to books and games in the library area
During Self-Service Seasons
- Access to kitchen facilities for cooking and preparing meals (don't forget to bring your own food!)
During Full-Service Seasons
- Dinner and breakfast (included in the cost of your overnight stay).
- A trail snack for your days adventure OR a light lunch served at the Hut. Trail snacks vary but may include granola, a R.E.D.D. Protein bar, fruit, CABOT cheese sticks. Light lunches include soup and baked goods. Sandwiches may be available to purchase if you notify the hut staff the evening before.
- Wine and beer available for purchase at the huts.
For a list of what you need to bring, check out the online packing list >>
More about living ‘Off the Grid’ >>
Back to: Flagstaff Hut | Grand Falls Hut | Poplar Hut | Stratton Brook Hut >>