Maine Huts & Trails is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to contribute to the economic, social and natural environment of Maine’s Western Mountain region by creating and operating a world-class recreation corridor for current and future generations. Our backcountry trails enhance access to beautiful lakes, rivers and forest lands, and our low impact huts provide inviting spaces that facilitate outdoor adventures and learning. This self-sustaining resource stimulates environmentally sensitive economic opportunity in the region by attracting visitors of all ages and abilities.
- Creating a resource of national significance for our state and regions.
- Providing opportunities for environmental and experiential education.
- Enhancing opportunities for people-powered outdoor recreation.
- Stimulating environmentally sensitive economic development opportunities in Western Maine.
- Instilling an environmental stewardship and conservation ethic within our communities and residents.
- Ensuring perpetual year-round public access to remote and special areas along the trail corridor.