Amenities & Meals
Our off-the-grid facilities offer all of the services you need to enjoy the Maine backcountry with minimal packing. Here’s what we provide for:
- Lunch from 11:30 – 1:30 daily during the summer and Friday through Sunday during the winter full-service season. (Menu generally includes soup, chili, baked goods, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.)
- Wine and beer is available for purchase at the huts.
- Toilet facilities, potable water and a communal space.
- Maps and souvenirs are available for purchase at the huts. (See Maps page)
- A hearty, family-style dinner and breakfast (included in the cost of your overnight stay).
- A bagged lunch for the trail.
- Wine and beer available for purchase at the huts.
- Bunk with a soft foam mattress.
- Pillow (please supply your own pillowcase – hint: can double as a stuff sack)
- Heat! (the main hut and bunkhouses have radiant floor heating and are kept at 60°F).
- Potable water
- Showers with biodegradable soap
- Composting toilets (and toilet paper)
- Books and games in our library area
- An online packing list
Each hut serves delicious home-cooked dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dinner, breakfast and a trail lunch are included with overnight stays. Dinner and breakfast are served, family-style during the times indicated below. Trail lunch options will be provided immediately following breakfast for overnight guests to pack and take with them on their adventure. Additional hot lunch items, like soup, chili and baked goods, are available for purchase à la carte during the times shown below and midweek during holiday weeks in the winter, no reservations required.
|Breakfast||7:30 AM||7:30 AM|
(available for purchase)
|11:30 AM – 1:30 PM Daily||11:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Friday – Sunday Only
|Dinner||6:00 PM||6:00 PM|
Beer and Wine
The huts offer a variety of beers and wines for purchase to enjoy during your hut visit. *In the State of Maine, you must be 21 years old to purchase and consume alcohol.
Dietary Restrictions and Food Allergies
We are able to accommodate many special dietary considerations. Simply explain your food requirements to the reservationist at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate you.
Please note that allergies and/or dietary restrictions cannot be accommodated after you arrive at a hut, we must know in advance so please be sure to mention any dietary restrictions when you make your reservation.