Our off-the-grid facilities offer all of the services you need to enjoy the Maine backcountry with minimal packing. Here’s what we provide for:
- Lunch from 11:30 – 1:30 daily during the summer and Friday through Sunday during the winter full-service season. (Menu generally includes soup, chili, baked goods, coffee, tea and hot chocolate.)
- Wine and beer is available for purchase at the huts.
- Toilet facilities, potable water and a communal space.
- Maps and souvenirs are available for purchase at the huts. (See Maps page)
- A hearty, family-style dinner and breakfast (included in the cost of your overnight stay).
- A bagged lunch for the trail.
- Wine and beer available for purchase at the huts.
- Bunk with a soft foam mattress.
- Pillow (please supply your own pillowcase – hint: can double as a stuff sack)
- Fleece blanket
- Heat! (the main hut and bunkhouses have radiant floor heating and are kept at 60°F).
- Potable water
- Showers with biodegradable soap
- Composting toilets (and toilet paper)
- Books and games in our library area
- An online packing list