We have snow! Huts open for overnight stays Thursday, December 29th - March 26th. Full and Self-service Hut Experiences Available.
Our on-line reservations page is open to begin exploring your winter adventure with Maine Huts & Trails.
- Three Huts: Stratton Brook Hut, Poplar Hut, and Flagstaff Hut. (Grand Falls is closed this winter. Trails will not be maintained past Big Eddy Trailhead.)
- Full-service overnights Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights (additionally New Year's Day, MLK, and President's Day Holidays)
- Self-service overnights (Sundays through Wednesdays).
- Private bunk room rentals (as opposed to shared rooms).
- Optional gear shuttles
- 40 miles of groomed trail, linking to miles of additional nordic and fat-biking trails stewarded by our partners CRNEMBA, the Town of Carrabassett Valley, and Sugarloaf.
Weekend lunches for sale at Stratton Brook Hut, Poplar Stream Hut and Flagstaff Lake Hut for day visitors.
Big Tree Alpine Feast, Saturday February 25 BUY TICKETS HERE!
Additional Stratton Brook events and Guest Chef Lunches to be announced
The bridges along the Dead River stretch of the MH Trail to Grand Falls Hut are in poor shape and the trail has not been cleared. We do not advise traveling on this trail at this time. Planning continues to repair and upgrade the bridges to again experience the remarkably beautiful Dead River out to Grand Falls and the Hut.
Full hut, self-service group rentals will open this spring for the summer/fall 2023 season.
- Three Huts: Stratton Brook Hut, Poplar Hut, and Flagstaff Hut. (Grand Falls is closed for maintenance. Trails will not be maintained past Big Eddy Trailhead.)
- Full hut, self-service group rentals only for summer/fall. Perfect for families, school groups, and special events.
- Huts are not staffed during the summer.
- Optional gear shuttles.
- 40 miles of trail, linking to miles of additional biking trails stewarded by our partners CRNEMBA, the Town of Carrabassett Valley, and Sugarloaf.
Work with us:
Join our team and being part of a new season of Maine Huts & Trails adventures.
Maine Huts & Trails will continue to grow and be strong and successful because of you, our community. Volunteer opportunities this winter include:
Assisting at the huts on full-service weekends and self-service weekdays (Dec-Mar)
Volunteer and Trail Ambassador on weekends and holidays
Interested in volunteering this winter? Please let us know by sharing your information here.