Hut Check-in: You may arrive at the hut as early as you like but we ask that you please check-in no later than 5:00 PM if you plan to join us for dinner. If you are not going to be able to reach the hut by 5:00 PM please contact the hut directly. For hut phone numbers, see Emergency Contact Numbers. If you arrive at the hut early and your room is not yet ready, the hut staff can show you where you may keep your gear until you are assigned to a bunkroom.
Hut Check-out: 10:00 AM
Meal Times at Poplar, Flagstaff and Grand Falls (full-service guests):
- Dinner: Included in nightly rate, served family style at 6:00 PM sharp
- Breakfast: Included in your nightly rate, served family style at 7:30 AM
- Lunch: During the summer/fall season, lunch is available for purchase at the hut (a la carte) daily from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM. During the winter season, lunch is available for purchase Friday through Sunday and holiday weeks from 11:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Trail lunches are available for purchase every day for our overnight guests and can be arranged in advance by calling (207) 265-2400 or with the hut staff after dinner each night for the following day.
Alcohol: Beer and wine are available for purchase at all of our Huts.
Quiet Hours: Please be respectful of other guests and observe quiet hours from 9:30 PM to 6:00 AM.
Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in or near any structure.
Weather: Weather conditions can vary widely during any season in Maine. See current weather conditions. Please check our Trail Report or call us directly if you have any questions about road or trail conditions.
Maps: Plan to carry a current trail map and compass on your trip.
Leave No Trace Guidelines
Click here for our Packing List
- Mountain bikes are allowed on our trails, please visit our Mountain Biking page for more details.
- Ski and snowshoe rentals available through the Sugarloaf Outdoor Center in Carrabassett Valley.
Vehicle Access: Our huts are backcountry lodges and have NO VEHICLE ACCESS. Depending on the hut you are visiting, you can expect anywhere from 1 to 8 hours of hiking/skiing from the nearest trailhead parking. Please plan accordingly. For maps of the huts and their proximity to the nearest trailhead, please visit the Maps page on our website.
Pet Policy: Pets are not allowed overnight at any of our huts. During the summer season (April 15 to October 15) well-behaved dogs are welcome on our trails.
- No charge for changes made to reservations more than 10 days prior to arrival date
- Changes made between 10 and 2 days prior to arrival will be subject to a flat $25.00 fee per reservation
- Changes made within 2 days of arrival will be subject to a $25.00 fee per person
Group and Full-Hut reservations: Changes made to group reservations within 30 days of arrival will be subject to a $25.00 fee per person, changes made to full-hut rentals within 30 days of arrival will be assessed a fee of 25% of the full-hut rate.
Reservations cancelled more than 10 days prior to arrival:
- May be rescheduled at no charge OR
- Guest can receive a refund less a flat $25.00 cancellation fee
Reservations cancelled between 10 and 2 days prior to arrival:
- ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- May be rescheduled at a cost of $25.00 (flat fee) OR
- Will be assessed a flat $25.00 fee at the time of cancellation and remaining balance can be used as a credit towards a rescheduled trip at a later date. Credit balance will be kept on file for one year.
Reservations cancelled within 2 days of arrival date:
- ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- May be rescheduled at a cost of $25.00 per person, which will be assessed at the time of cancellation
- Will be assessed a fee of $25.00 per person at the time of cancellation and remaining balance can be used as a credit towards a rescheduled trip at a later date. Credit balance will be kept on file for one year.
Group and Full-Hut reservations cancelled more than 30 days prior to arrival may reschedule at no charge or receive a refund of balances paid less a $25.00 cancellation fee; cancellations within 30 days of your scheduled arrival are non-refundable. Within 30 days of arrival, groups may be rescheduled at a cost of $25.00 per person and full-hut rentals may be rescheduled at a cost of 25% of the full-hut rate. Cancellation fees will be assessed at the time of cancellation. No Exceptions.
- Stratton Brook Hut (207) 491-5147
- Poplar Stream Falls Hut: (207) 899-8144
- Flagstaff Lake Hut: (207) 699-8394
- Grand Falls Hut: (207) 491-4012
- Kingfield Office: (207) 265-2400
If you have additional questions, please see our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us at (207) 265-2400.